06 April, 2016

Honored Foe

Just to head this off, I can't stand those idiot Tyler Perry movies. I just like the name Medea. So shush. 


Medea Waited. Soon she could hear the nearly silent footfalls of the one she waited for. Saul stood framed in the doorway, every bit a handsome as the day he died. He kept his hair short yet sophisticated, dark and greying at the temples. His eyes, black and endless, like the rest of his kind, but still full of wisdom.
"You found me at last. Congratulations." His low voice resonated through the room, as if he had yelled, but it as nearly a whisper.
"That I have." Medea gestured to the seat across from her. "Please, sit."
Saul nodded politely and joined her.
"Would you like some wine?" She asked, indicating the decanter by her elbow.
"Yes, thank you." He replied. She filled a crystal goblet and handed it to him, then poured one for herself. He raised his glass in a toast.

"To honored foes."
Medea smiled politely and tipped her cup toward him. They both drank deeply.
"What is the occasion?" Saul asked her, setting his goblet aside "it isn't often that I get visitors here." He smiled slyly at her, knowing that it would have taken extraordinary effort to, not only uncover the location of his hideaway, but an even more Herculean effort to actually get here.
"I've come to see you off, Saul." She said. Saul chuckled softly.
"I'm not going anywhere, as well you know. Has Mad Jack concocted another new half-brained story about me rising up, defeating you, taking over the world?" He scoffed "Hardly."
Saul shook his head and smiled wryly.
Medea matched his smile and replied slowly.
"You are inded leaving, Saul. You see, you're dying, right now, as we speak."
Saul's smile slipped a bit, turning into, almost, a snarl.
"The wine? Really? You tried to poison me? Please. Have you suffered a head injury? You very well that poison cannot kill me."
Medea continued to smile placidly.
"Oh, yes. I know. It is no ordinary poison though."
She produced a tiny vial, unstopped it and placed it on the table between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment